• I want to show how marketers use nonverbal communication to influence consumer decision making process
• Consumers don't even realize how heavily their decision making process is influenced by nonverbal communication
• Main Idea Nonverbal communication as a an consumer decision making influencer
• Physical communication
• Signs of communication (mechanical communication)
• Aesthetic communication
• Symbols of communication
• Supporting Material
• Experiments performed
• Other researches information
• Consumer Decision making process and nonverbal communication directly connected.
• Babin/Harris CB5
• Professor Constanzo. Consumer Behavior Class, MK-301-02
Components of Nonverbal Communication
Voice: Paralanguage, paralinguistics, vocalics
Body Movement: Kinesics
Illustrators, Emblems, Adaptors (Self, Alter or Other, Object)
Expression of emotion
5 Primary Affects (Happiness, Sadness, Fear,
Anger, Surprise) Disgust/Contempt
Intimate 0 - 18”
Personal 11/2 – 4’
Social 4 – 12’
Public 12 - 25+
Space: Personal Space
Dress: Object Language, Objectics
Vladimir Nabokov - novelist
“Nothing revives the past so completely as a smell that was once associated with it.”
Syntactical Sentence Kinemorphic Construction
Nonverbal communication is the process of communication through sending and receiving wordless (mostly visual) cues between people. The communication experts believe that in a face-to-face conversation people share only a small fraction of the total message using words. Most of the message is contained in the tone of voice, posture, accent, speed, volume, and body language. According to the study performed by UCLA professor, Albert Mehrabian, verbal communication take into account only 7%, while the rest is coming from nonverbal, with 55% body language and 38% tonality. It also known as 7-55-38 rule.
Many people have no idea how heavily they are influenced by non-verbal cues in advertising and how marketers use them. Hidden non-verbal cues are very important key to successful campaigns. Although, the right advertising is all about finding the right body language cues to convey right brand message into marketing campaign.
Every time we enter retail store we getting influenced by emotional nature of an environment or, more precisely, to the feelings created by the total aura of physical attributes that ultimately convey a message through nonverbal communication. In consumer behavior it refers to the term atmospherics.