This website uses cookies to ensure you have the best experience. Learn more

Warehouses And Inventory: Haas Essay

552 words - 2 pages

Over the past thirty-six months, demand for HAAS equipment has grown from $50,000,000 to $150,000,000. In order to increase market share, HAAS will be opening warehouses in New York; Chicago; Houston; Sao Paulo, Brazil; Edinburgh, Scotland; Munich, Germany; and Nagoya, Japan. From these distribution centers, HAAS will maintain enough equipment to support growth in existing markets and establish inventory supplies to support customer needs for additional equipment as well as repair and maintenance for the consumer.Our goal is to maintain sufficient inventory levels in the supported markets. To do this, HAAS will continue to use the Headquarters main warehouse located in Oxnard, California, as the primary distribution location. From the main warehouse, HAAS will maintain supply levels in a region specific format. Inventory levels will be maintained at each HAAS regional warehouse to coincide with frequent equipment failure to total unit replacement. Higher inventory levels will be maintained for high-use machinery which current supply trends show to be more than average replacement.In order to maintain sufficient inventory levels at the regional distribution centers, HAAS will develop an automated Inventory Tracking and Re-supply System (ITRS). ITRS is an integral part of HAAS strategic distribution plan. By maintaining static amounts at the main warehouse and distributing on the one for one basis, HAAS will reduce excess inventory levels by 20 percent. To accurately track incoming inventory re-supply requests and outgoing equipment demands, ITRS will use a bar code system to monitor inventory levels and track equipment requiring more frequent replacement. Regional warehouses will be re-supplied on a one-for-one exchange...

Find Another Essay On Warehouses and Inventory: HAAS

inventory case Essay

3779 words - 15 pages warehouses (each retailer is assigned a warehouse) z Warehouses receive material from Chicago z Current rule: 97 % service level z Each warehouse operate to satisfy 97 % of demand (3 % probability of stock-out) 2-69 z Replace the 2 warehouses with a single warehouse (located some suitable place) and try to implement the same service level 97 % z Delivery lead times may increase z But may decrease total inventory investment considerably. New Idea 2-70

sfggggggggrtr Essay

3779 words - 15 pages warehouses (each retailer is assigned a warehouse) z Warehouses receive material from Chicago z Current rule: 97 % service level z Each warehouse operate to satisfy 97 % of demand (3 % probability of stock-out) 2-69 z Replace the 2 warehouses with a single warehouse (located some suitable place) and try to implement the same service level 97 % z Delivery lead times may increase z But may decrease total inventory investment considerably. New Idea 2-70

Principles of Collaborative Planning, Forecasting and Replenishment

983 words - 4 pages distribution centers and five bottling plants just in the South Eastern part of the United States. To accommodate huge amounts of inventory the CCBC had built more than seventy warehouses and had many more on the horizon. Before implementing their internal collaboration system it was almost impossible to forecast any changes in products. If retailers made any change to their product requirements CCBC would not have any problem producing but would

Analysis and Research for a data warehouse system

992 words - 4 pages points out inventory would only point out inventory that is in stock currently, not what was in stock last week. Data warehouses would contain snippets of the operational data for many instances of time, and so would show inventory both as of now and as of last month. There are two terms that needs to be acknowledged: data warehouse and data mart. A data warehouse is used to house all the data that an organization would need to make

Riordan Manufacturing Overview: Computer and Information Processing - CIS/319

1274 words - 5 pages life-cycle of the product. The barcode system will also be used to store products within Riordan Manufacturing warehouses. Ultimately, it is Learning Team A's hopes that this system will alleviate manually entering data and vastly improve product inventory.The Tiger Team of Learning Team A recommends a barcode system. This system will require the use of a hand-held scanner, which will scan the barcode and automatically register it in inventory

Jeff Bezos â€" Amazon.com

559 words - 2 pages Starbucks inside the neighborhood Barnes & Noble.His idea was to change the way that people shop. He figured that it was cheaper and easier to run a store that had no physical presence other than warehouses and offices. That way, the store could expand its customer base without having to invest in new stores in new areas; the people were just ?there?. In his vision of the future, the only brick and mortar stores that will survive will be ones

Walmart Case Study

584 words - 2 pages advantage would be their low price strategy and a wide selection of foods. Although these are some of their most important strategies, there are more reasons why Wal-Mart stays on top of the industry.Cost LeadershipWal-Mart has achieved the cost leadership by offering the price sensitive customers low-price products. For example, by spending comparably less money on decorating their warehouses, which reduces a great amount of cost of operation

JIT: Just-In-Time Manufacturing

581 words - 3 pages . Management must adopt a method of inventory control which features high inventory turns and low safety stocks. This is just the opposite of a conventional system where inventory is stockpiled.The introduction of Just-In-Time manufacturing has provided many benefits including a base for an increase in annual turnover, halving of inventory, a cut in lead time from weeks to days, a drop in labor turnover, and a reduction of waste and re-work levels

Outline of the Supply Chain Flow and Purchase in Bosch Canada

2792 words - 12 pages effect, it clearly shows that BOSCH Canada did not communicate well with the supplier to slow down the delivery process of raw materials as the company is still holding a large amount of inventory in hand. By holding a large amount of stock on hand, the company needs a large amount of space to store the inventory. Warehouses, storage room cost money to rent and maintain it and workers are required to organize and transport the inventory from one

Supply Chain Management

988 words - 4 pages and facilities that are included in producing a product from the supplier, brokerage, handling in of stocks to the warehouse, storage, delivery of the stocks, after sales management and inventory stock level monitoring. Because supply chain involves almost all functional unit of the business, its design must be lean and must be part of its strategy. One of the most known and important goal of supply chain management include on-time delivery of

Informatoin Technology

949 words - 4 pages ) network use an information system software called Retail link. Retail link is an interlinking network that enables the companies and its suppliers to collaborate effectively regardless of boundaries and borders. The system design allow suppliers to manage their inventory at Wal-mart by being able to have real-time data without having to going to other companies or data warehouses to get this information. The POS is integrated into every aspect

Similar Essays

Scientific Glass Inc Essay

1343 words - 5 pages rising at SG. Beane discovered that the company incurred costs as high as 10% of the gross margin for products that customer's ordered but were not available in the warehouses. These costs are called "underage" costs and included lost revenue from cancelled orders and backordered administration. The company also had inventory that were in stock at the warehouses but were not sold during the demand period, these are "underage" costs. In order to

Amazon Case Study

3392 words - 14 pages belt carrying a yellow box to the packing section where the product has to be packed.Amazon Inventory Management:When Jeff Bezos starts his business he wanted to offer a wide selection of books to customers and did not want to spend his time and money in opening warehouses and managing inventories, but soon he realize that the only way to gain the customers satisfaction and provide a better system of product shipment, he must have to open his own

Merloni Elettrodomestici Sp A: The Transit Point Experiment

1435 words - 6 pages reduce inventory and enhance production efficiency, management is evaluating a proposal to replace regional warehouses with "transit-points". At these transit points, products arriving on trailers from the central warehouse and plants would then be transferred directly to smaller local delivery trucks. The primary issue being assessed then is the viability of the transit point solution and its effectiveness in improving efficiency and reducing costs

Austin Wood Products Organizational Purchasing Essay

1049 words - 4 pages Before inventory productivity can be improved, one must take a careful and critical look at the specific business entity, which in this case is Austin Wood Products. In the case it stated that there is no way to know what is available in the storage room until you get there is a huge concern. There is usually a 50 percent chance of obtaining the needed lumber for a job, and this is interfering with productivity. In the area of inventory