Fashion is an integral part of the culture in Spain. This is the home to famous designers, prestigious international fashion labels and some of the most famous models. Zara is one the most famous clothing brand in Spain; when people think and talk about Spanish fashion, Zara always comes to mind. They are a clothing line that belongs to Inditex, one of the largest distributions groups. They are known for delivering fast fashion at affordable prices to low cost countries; always trying to meet the needs of the customers but at the same time trying to share the passion for fashion across the world and help people express their taste and sense of style. But first, before emerging into the Zara ...view middle of the document...
The king needs the support and approval from the prime minister before any action. He is in charge of directing the preparation, promotion and execution of the government programs and the action of the various ministries. The current holder is Mariano Rajoy Brey, who was elected on December 21, 2011. There’s also a deputy minister that performs many functions at the discretion of the prime minister and acts as his successor if anything happen to him and a Council of Ministers, which function as a cabinet and is the highest executive institution of the state in charge of implementing government policy.
As for their legal system, Spain has a bicameral legislature: the General Courts (National Assembly) and the Congress of Deputies. Their legal system is based on comprehensive legal codes and laws rooted in Roman law. The supreme Spanish law is the Spanish Constitution of 1978, so all laws must be declared compatible with the constitution. The Judiciary of Spain consists of Courts and Tribunals, composed of judges and magistrates, who have the power to administer justice in the name of the King of Spain.
Some important facts about Spain: it has a population of 46.4 million and its capital is Madrid. The official language is Spanish (Castillian), but there are other common used languages like Catalan and its variants, Galician and Basque. They major religion is Roman Catholic with 94% of the population the other 6% has other various religions. The life expectancy is 79 years for men and 85 for women. Their culture is widely known for their Flamenco music and dance, bullfights, holidays (La Fiesta) and arts, but Spain is so much more than that. They have an extraordinary artistic heritage and a mix of a variety of cultures from their autonomous regions. And although each culture in Spain has unique characteristics, they all come together to form diverse whole.
The currency used in Spain is the Euro, which was adopted in the year 2002, before that Pesetas was the currency used (1 euro = 166.386 pesetas). But nowadays Euro is the only currency used in Spain, this makes traveling across Europe easier, since people don’t have to worry about the currency exchange rate (1USD = 0.729 euros).
Over the years, Spain has had many corruption scandals. In the 2013 Corruption Perception Index they score 59 of 100 (100 being highly corrupt). And according to the Transparency International organization, 73% of Spain population feels that corruption has increased since 2007 to 2010 and that government efforts to fight corruption are ineffective. Some of the causes of this percentage of corruption is due because the Spanish legislative branch lack efficient processes, access to information is denied and most of political parties are funded by the state. Corruption is such a problem in Spain that Spaniards even believe that this is a part of their culture and that any problem in the country is because of corruption even if it’s not.
As for Spain major industries,...